We represent the South African Department of Trade and Industry (the dti). Our key objectives are:
• to promote investment from Belgium and Luxembourg in South Africa;
• to promote the export of South African goods and services to Belgium and Luxembourg;
• to represent South Africa’s trade and economic interests vis-à-vis the European Union.
Investing in South Africa
• Provide information on investment opportunities and the business environment.
• Arrange investment missions and seminars.
• Provide information on incentive packages.
• Match investors with potential joint venture partners.
• Offer guidance on locating in South Africa.
Buying from South Africa
• Match buyers with suppliers.
• Provide information on capability/capacity of various sectors or industries.
• Organize buying missions to South Africa.
• Support buyers in attending certain trade shows and exhibitions in South Africa.
Selling in Belgium and Luxembourg
• Provide information on prospective buyers, agents, wholesalers and distributors.
• Facilitate trade missions and seminars.
• Encourage buyers to attend trade shows and exhibitions.
• Provide market reports for certain products and services.
• Offer advice on the common trade policies of the European Union and the effect it may have on South Africa’s exports to all 27 member states of the EU.
• Promote and defend the free trade agreement between South Africa and the EU.
• Advertise and promote important trade and economic events in South Africa, Belgium and Luxembourg.